In a new interview published today by the Irish Film & Television Network, Neil Marshall, director of season four’s ninth episode, has provided an in-depth look at the episode’s production with a few hints as to what we can expect. From what Marshall has to say, it looks like the penultimate episode will be on a scale greater even than that of “Blackwater,” which he also directed. For his introduction to the show, Marshall famously took the reins of the season 2 episode with only a week to prepare. This time around […]
SPOILERS at the link
The Fire and Lunch Gift Guide
The Summer Child - it’s not all blood and death
1. ‘Game of Thrones Colouring Book’ - Team Art
2. ‘Mini Direwolf Pup - Ghost’ - HBO (Summer and Grey Wind also available)
3. ‘Heart Tree Necklace’ - BijouxMalou
4. ‘Game of Thrones Quotes Pins set of 5’ - Westeros
5. ‘Game of Thrones inspired wooden box’ - UrdHandicrafts
6. ‘Valar Morghulis Bracelet’ - OffTheCuffQuotes
7. ‘Stag Deer Necklace’ - SkadiJewellery
8. ‘Daenerys Necklace’ - StreetRegal
10. ‘Game of Thrones Direwolves Canvas Tote’ - FencingNArchery
Here is a link to the perfect wolf (head) to use in making your RobbWind toy! TY Store
"And Arya, well… Ned’s visitors would oft mistake her for a stableboy if they rode into the yard unannounced. Arya was a trial, it must be said. Half a boy and half a wolf pup. Forbid her anything and it became her heart’s desire. She had Ned’s long face, and brown hair that always looked as if a bird had been nesting in it. I despaired of ever making a lady of her. She collected scabs as other girls collect dolls, and would say anything that came into her head. I think she must be dead too… I want them all dead, Brienne. Theon Greyjoy first, then Jaime Lannister and Cersei and the Imp, every one, every one.”
Tumblr of Thrones 20K Follower Giveaway!
As a thanks to everyone, I’m doing a little giveaway for my followers over the next few days. Usually I offer official HBO merchandise, but this time, the prizes are made by an amazing artist named Jenny Slife (JenSnow on RedBubble, FacelessFrey here on tumblr).
- Grand Prize Winner receives a Game of Thrones t-shirt from Jenny’s RedBubble shop (small non-spoiler sampling shown above) AND one of these posters Jenny created:
- Two runner-up winners will receive a Game of Thrones t-shirt from the JenSnow RedBubble T-shirt shop.
I’ve chosen a sampling above, but there’s an even bigger selection at the site. There may be spoilers however, so beware if you haven’t read the books! (*If you are a winner and haven’t read the books, I’ll find all the non-spoilerish options and show them to you so there’s no risk.*)
- Ends at noon on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 Eastern Standard Time
- One entry per follower. One like or one reblog. You don’t have to reblog in order to enter, a Like is perfectly fine.
- No giveaway blogs, please!
- I’ll choose the winners with a random number generator.
- The winners will be messaged on Wednesday afternoon and must reply within 48 hours, or I’ll choose another winner. Your Ask box MUST be open or I will have to choose another winner.
Good luck and thank you for following Tumblrofthrones!
This link is made of Valyrian steel. Only one Maester in a hundred wears it on his chain. It signifies that I have studied the higher mysteries. (…) Maybe magic once was a mighty force in the world, but not anymore; the dragons are gone, the giants are dead, and the children of the forest forgotten.